Just Stuff

Rants, raves, stupid observations, and the occasional witty comment.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Great Visit

So we made it back to Maryland. Our visit to Salt Lake City was very nice, if not a little short. From the time we landed, it was basically non-stop until we left again. So many people to see and so many things to do...

We landed in Salt Lake City around 8:30, picked up the rental car, and dropped SD at her mom's house around 9:30. We were at my parent's house by 10 or so, and Dad had made us a big batch of nachos with his homemade salsa. Very yummy.

We sat around the kitchen and talked, and looked at his new website until 1 in the morning or so, and then went to bed.

On Friday, we went to lunch with Ed's friend from Jr. High School, Bret. We also went to Ed's son's school and met with his teacher. Smart kid - just doesn't like doing his homework (who does?).

After the teacher conference, we went back to my parent's house and saw my sisters Margaret and Brieanna. Hung around for a couple hours, then went to pick up Ed's son, and go make dinner for Ed's brother, sister-in-law, and the assorted rug-rats.

We got back to my parent's house around 10:30 or so, and went straight to bed. Saturday morning, Ed went to pick up SD from her mom's house while I made breakfast, so we had both kids with us. Brieanna brought her kids out at 10:30, and we got to see them a little before we went to pick up my grandma. My mom and dad had a group birthday party (the cake said "Happy Birthday To Us" - very cute). There were 18 people present at the party - my mom and dad, Ed, me, Ed's two kids, my sister Brieanna and her boyfriend, Brieanna's three kids, my sister Margaret, her ex-husband Jerry, her 5 kids, and my grandma, Mema. We all crowded into the clubhouse (a converted barn with a wood-stove & pool table), ate grilled hotdogs, and ate cake. I got a very nice family picture with everyone in it, so that was definitely worth it. The only person missing was my other sister Liza, but I don't know when I'll see her again——it will probably be a long time.(not everyone is in this picture - my dad is on the far left, my sister's boyfriend is in the baseball hat, Margaret's little girl Abby is in between my Dad and Brie's boyfriend, Mema is sitting in the background in the pink, with Brie's girl, Marci, Brie's other daughter Krista is in the purple, and you can see Ed's son's head. I'll get the group picture up soon.)

At 6, we took Mema home, and then dropped SD back at her mom's house, so she could visit with her grandmother, while we went and had coffee with Ed's brother. I got a nice picture of Ed's brother's family, so I'm glad we could find another time to see them. Then, we picked SD back up, and went to my parent's house. We watched a little TV in the clubhouse, and then went to bed.

The next morning, we were up early to catch our flight out. I don't think that two days is enough; next time, I'd like to have at least three days, just because there are so many people to see.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home