Just Stuff

Rants, raves, stupid observations, and the occasional witty comment.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Bad, Bad Pet Owners

WARNING: IF YOU'RE SICK OF HEARING ABOUT MY CAT, SKIP THIS POST!

I am the worst pet owner on Earth. On Monday morning (the 26th), I gave Annie her medicine (Clavamox, Clindamyacin), but didn't feed her breakfast. We're moving them from twice a day to once a day, just to make it easier.

A half-hour after I administered medicine, the cat started throwing up. She continued to throw up every 45 minutes for the next 5 hours. I was nearly 100% certain that she didn't need to eat with her meds, but I checked the containers just to make sure. It turns out that Clavamox has a ten-day shelf life after you constitute it (it's a powder, and you add water), and that it had expired a day or two before her Monday dose.

I mixed her up a new batch, and she seems to feel just fine. I feel awful though...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home