Just Stuff

Rants, raves, stupid observations, and the occasional witty comment.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Wild and Crazy Weekend

This weekend was crazy busy! I ended up staying home from work on Friday because I felt awful: running a fever, coughing like crazy, and sore from head to toe. When SD got home from school, she started making preparations for her birthday party, which somehow included ME driving her to the video store. First thing Saturday morning we had to go get the RV from the dealership; their service department fixed the bulge in the water tank for us. Then, straight home to finalize preparations for the birthday party.

Arrivals started promptly at 2, and continued until about 2:45. At 3 we left for the ice skating rink. The open skating session didn't start until 4, but they strongly recommend showing up early to get admission and skate rentals taken care of, and who am I to argue with the find folks at Montgomery County Parks and Recreation?

The girls were on the ice promptly at 4, except for one. She'd had a nasty accident before that involved some falling and broken bones, she was reticent to skate at all. The short version is: Ed and I rented skates, and took her around the rink once, which ate up about 45 minutes of our time. For the remainder of the hour, we stood on the sidelines and took pictures.

The rest was pretty standard birthday party stuff: pizza, movies, lots of giggling and laughing. The peak of the weekend for me was at 10p on Saturday night. All the girls were in the loft watching The Village, and I was in the kitchen getting a drink. I didn't think they'd heard my bedroom door open, so I oh-so-quietly snuck up the stairs to the loft. I was crouched really low so they wouldn't see me, and just as I got to the top, I jumped up and shouted. It was HILARIOUS! I've never seen a group of girls jump that high! And the screams!! Priceless.

Sunday morning I woke up around 7 to get breakfast started. One of the girls had to leave early on Sunday, but we didn't want her to go without some food. We had waffles, sausage, bacon, potatoes and eggs. After breakfast, we all went upstairs and I played a game of Halo 2 against SD and 2 of her friends. Not really fair, since Halo is pretty involved. Still, 68 kills during King of the Hill is pretty cool (but, in all fairness, I treat EVERY game like a kill-fest, no matter the purpose!)

Then the girls did girly things, and everyone left around 2 on Sunday afternoon. Sunday evening our friends came over, and we gave them their Christmas/Hanukkah/Birthday/New Years/Every Other Event gifts. They seemed happy, so we are too. Had Chinese for dinner. Made macaroons. Played some computer games. Pretty standard stuff. I'm looking forward to a week at work so I can relax! Annie goes to the vet tonight for surgery, and I'll pick her up tomorrow. SD has a winter band concert tomorrow, and then we have our holiday dinner/game night on Wednesday. Busy busy busy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home