Just Stuff

Rants, raves, stupid observations, and the occasional witty comment.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Updates

Iceland was great. We took a ton of pictures, but I haven't done more than copy them to CD. I haven't gone through and named anything yet, but when I do I'll post some of the better shots.

I completed the I-131 radioiodine treatment last Thursday (the 20th), and have been feeling some of the effects. Mainly, I'm tired & have a sore throat. I've also been plagued with a headache the last several days, but I think it's starting to subside.

I believe the worst part of the treatment was the pill. Not actually taking it, but the nuclear medicine tech bringing it to me. The pill itself is a blue capsule, less than half an inch long (think of a Tylenol extra-stregth capsule - about that big). The storage container, however, is close to 8 inches tall, 5 inches wide, made of lead, and weighs probably 15 pounds. The tech brings out the container and sets it next to you, but you have to open it, retrieve the vial with the pill, and do all of the medication handling - they won't touch it.

That, in conjunction with "DANGER! Radiation Area!" signs all over the place left me not-so-comfortable ingesting that little blue pill. Ed was fantastic, afterwards - picking out movies that I liked, going into work late to make sure I was alright, making dinner, and tending to other things that I couldn't do. It was nice to have him so supportive.

We got out new bedroom furniture on Friday (the 21st, one day after my treatment), and it's bee-YOO-tiful! The wood color is called "Espresso", and it contrasts nicely with our light walls and carpet. The mattress is fantastic too!

SD finally got her report card for the end of last year, and she got straight A's, again! She almost had A's for the entire year (three B's at the beginning). She also had a great visit with her mom & brothers, and is looking forward to another visit. On the flip-side, we had a great time with SS over the summer too. He was pretty well-behaved for the duration, which is all we could've asked for!

Work is great, same as usual. It's been really nice to be out of the frantic "too much to do" mode that we were in for so long. Nice and quiet. I got the meet the new VP of Technology, and he's a pretty cool guy. I'm looking foward to having all sorts of new, cool projects!

Looks like we're going to a movie this weekend, either Pirates of the Caribbean or Cars. Either way, fun fun fun!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home