Just Stuff

Rants, raves, stupid observations, and the occasional witty comment.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Movies

We watched the first half of Brokeback Mountain last night, and this movie, once again, proves my theatrical ignorance. Putting aside controversial subject matter, this is just another movie. Some of the scenery pans are incredible—gorgeous, sweeping views of the mountains and valleys, vivid sunsets, and stark, bleak in-town shots.

Understandably, the most engaging part of this movie for most people is the love trist between Jack and Ennis (I'm sure there's an "anus" joke in there, somewhere). The first scene was pretty graphic and shocking, only because it moved so quickly. Then, so far, the rest of the movie is kind of a bore. We've got another 45 minutes to watch, so maybe it will redeem itself.

This is not a movie that's keeping me glued to my seat. I think it says something that I turned it off half-way through and went to sleep.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home