Just Stuff

Rants, raves, stupid observations, and the occasional witty comment.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Christmas Present (addt'l)

I've been learning to play the guitar(badly). My step-daughter (SD) and I go to lessons every Tuesday. Recently, our teacher has been splitting us up - I've been playing the normal 6-string guitar (a gloss black Schecter Omen 6 that was originally bought for my husband - another post later, maybe, if he'll consent to it), and SD has been playing a bass guitar.

Now, SD really likes the bass - she says that it's so much easier to play, because you can mush your fingers on the strings; you don't have to worry about staying on your fingertips like you do with regular guitar. It also makes our songs sound really cool. Two guitars playing the same part is kinda lame - but one guitar playing chords & a bass rocking out - now that's awesome!

So, in the interest of continuing the musical experience, I've found an awesome deal for a bass guitar through Musician's Friend (e-commerce website associated with Guitar Center).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home